The Texas Certified Landscape Associate (TCLA) is for individuals who want to better position themselves for a career in the Green Industry.
- - 70% or higher to pass
- Includes but not limited to: First aid and safety,
landscape maintenance, landscape equipment,
landscape design and plan reading, irrigation,
pruning and pesticides (120 minutes)
- - Plant ID Part I: Plant Identification (45 min)
- Part II: Plant Characteristics (46 min)
The TCLA exam is available online for anyone with a high speed internet connection. The exam can be taken at home, work, schools, libraries, etc.
What you need for the online exam:
If you already have a login to the TNLA "Members Only" section of this site you can proceed with your TCLA Certification application.
If you do not know your user login and password, contact TNLA. If you do not already have a login, you can create one when you register for the exam.
Ready to take the exam?
To start the TCLA certification exam registration process, click here.
Online Exam Process:
• Register for the TCLA Exam by filling out the online TCLA application and paying the required fee.
• An email confirmation will be sent to you giving you access to the TNLA Certification exam site.
• You will have 90 days from the date of registration to complete the required sections.
• Each exam must be passed with a minimum of 70% in order to earn the TCLA certification.
• If any exam is not passed, you will have one year from the date of the initial registration to retest. A maximum of two retests are available within that year. Both exams must be taken before you can apply for any retests.
Exam fees for the TCLA exam (includes both the TCLA section and Plant ID section) is $75 for TNLA members and $150 for non-members.
Retest fees are $50 for TNLA members and $100 for non-members.